What does it involve?
- Measurement of the distribution of lean and fat mass within the body.
- Assessed by measuring skinfold thickness.
Why is it important for me to have this test?
- Ideal for those wishing to monitor body composition for athletic performance of general health.
- Excess body fat can hinder performance in some sports due to additional weight that the muscles have to support/propel.
Is this relevant for me?
- Any athlete may benefit from regular assessments of body composition.
- Most relevant for athletes involved in sports where the goal is to maximise speed or power (e.g. cycling, running) or in weight category sports (e.g. boxing, martial arts).