MooreInspired16th April - 28th
MooreInspired is an exhibition of contemporary sculpture and drawing that references the work of Henry Moore.
- James Allen - Recent graduate from the University College. Currently at the Prince’s Trust for Drawing, he has created work for this exhibition inspired by Henry Moore’s shelter series.
- Helaine Blumenfeld - An internationally-known sculptor who exhibited with Moore in New York in 1985. She is Vice President of the Royal British Society of Sculptors.
- James Copper - International sculptor and conservator at the Henry Moore Foundation.
- Stephen Cox - Drawings loaned by the University of Kent of Stephen’s sculpture ‘Hymn’, based near Keynes College. Stephen is an internationally renowned sculptor.
- Patrick Crouch - Director of Pure Form Club and a practising sculptor sustaining the carved image in stone.
- John Farnham - John grew up next door to Henry Moore and worked for him as his assistant. He still works at the Henry Moore Foundation today as a conservator and is a successful international sculptor in his own right.
- Stephen Melton - Stephen is the Managing Director of Meltdowns Fine Art Facility. He has exhibited his sculpture internationally.
- Johannes Von Stumm - Johannes exhibits internationally, most frequently in the UK and Germany.
Spaces limited. Please contact the gallery to reserve a place.
- John Farnham - Saturday 16 April 2.30 - 5.30pm Henry Moore Revealed - An opportunity to talk informally to John in the gallery space about his experiences as Henry Moore’s assistant.
- Johannes Von Stumm - Thursday 28 April 6.00 - 7.30pm A discussion of Johannes's work and his various influences.
- James Copper - Saturday 16 April 2.30 - 5.00pm Questions and answers in the gallery space - An informal discussion on the works in the exhibition.
- David Cross and Patrick Crouch - Wednesday 18 May 6.00 - 7.30pm Henry Moore in Kent - A dialogue between David Cross, artist and exhibitions officer at Canterbury Museums, and Patrick Crouch.
- Stephen Melton - Friday 20 May 6.00 - 7.30pm Bronze - The Lost Wax Process from conception to bronze.
- James Copper - Tuesday 24 May 6.00 - 7.30pm The influence of Henry Moore on James Copper’s work.
Spaces limited to 15. Fee: £10 per place. Adults and children over 10. Please contact the gallery to reserve a place.
Patrick Crouch - Saturday 7 May or Saturday 14 May, 2.30 - 5.00pm
Flint into form - Work in clay and plaster to make hand-held sculptures using the same techniques practised by Henry Moore.
We regret that the gallery is not yet accessible to wheelchair users. We are currently working
towards a solution for this