Registering for Disability Support
Our aim is to offer all students a fair and enjoyable learning experience, regardless of disability or differences.
We recommend that you let us know as soon as possible if think you have a condition or difficulty (whether formally diagnosed or not) that could impact on your learning so we can get the support you need in place as soon as possible.
Click here to register with the Student Disability Service.
Student Disability Service
Our specialist Student Disability Service support includes:
- Providing information about funding for additional specialist support in relation to disability
- Advising you on facilities and services available including adapted student accommodation
- Liaising with academic tutors to ensure you get the support you need
- Arranging practical support such as special arrangements for exams and assessments
- Developing a Learning Support Plan (LSP) to capture all of your support needs
Mental Wellbeing Service
If you have a diagnosis of a mental health condition, or are experiencing any issues with your mental health our team can help you to get the support you need. To register with the service, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disability Student Allowance
The Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) are UK government support funds for eligible students with physical and mental disabilities, including dyslexia and dyspraxia.
The funding provided by DSAs can help pay for extra essential costs you may incur as a direct result of your disability. These could range from sign language interpreters and dyslexia tutor sessions, to computer equipment and assistive software.