Cathedrals Group Partnership
The Faculty of Education is delighted to be a partner in the new Cathedrals’ Group Teaching and Learning Academy and to provide a Regional Hub
We welcome the opportunity to continue to work in this exciting way with schools and to support colleagues who are interested in conducting reflective research enquiries in their classrooms, departments and schools.
Canterbury Christ Church University has, since its foundation by the Church of England as a teacher training college in 1962, developed a wide range of taught programmes, research and educational services provided at our five campuses: Canterbury, Broadstairs, Medway (in partnership with the Universities of Greenwich and Kent with Mid Kent College) and Tunbridge Wells.
Canterbury Christ Church University, Faculty of Education, has an outstanding Ofsted status (2009-2010) in all areas of teaching with the following comments highlighted below:
- The many routes into teaching and the highly innovative programmes;
- Extensive and high quality collaborations across all programmes within the university and with a wide range of external partners;
- High quality of provision across all phases and programmes;
- High quality of leadership at all levels and rigorous drive for continuous improvement;
- Extremely high importance given to the personal and professional needs of the trainees.
The Faculty of Education prides itself on the delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate education programmes and has thriving MA education programmes with a variety of flexible routes for teachers. The Faculty also has a breadth of national and international expertise and is currently providing teacher education which ranges from short courses to Doctorates in Education. The Faculty is also engaged in a number of research and consultancy activities which includes schools taking part in action research and impact measure projects to improve the quality of teaching and learning.
Our experience of training members of the wider school workforce and supporting the community and voluntary sector will have a positive impact on the work carried out in the TLA partnership.