PGCE 11-18 years
Please select a course from the list below
- PGCE in Art and Design
- PGCE in Citizenship
- PGCE in Design and Technology
- PGCE in English
- PGCE in Geography
- PGCE in History
- PGCE in ICT and Computer Science
- PGCE in Mathematics
- PGCE in MFL
- PGCE in Music
- PGCE in Physics with Mathematics
- PGCE in PE
- PGCE in RE
- PGCE in Sciences
Teaching children in the 11-18 age range offers a fantastic opportunity to work with creative, vibrant and dynamic young people with a focus on teaching the subject you are passionate about. You can be a key influence in the development of young people. As the old adverts said – ‘no-one forgets a good teacher’
The PGCE 11-18 trains teachers to teach in both secondary schools and sixth form colleges. It will train student teachers to:
- Learn to teach your subject across the 11-18 age range and key stages, and understand how it fits within the wider curriculum offer for this age range;
- Develop a wide range of strategies for supporting children and young people’s learning and working with others to maximise their potential;
- Develop an imaginative approach to teaching that brings out the creative potential of you and your pupils;
- Understand the wider importance of education in society and the key role that education 11-18 plays within this.
Why study at CCCU?
The PGCE 11-18 at Canterbury Christ Church University offers a great range of specialist subject options. There are thirteen specialist subject pathways available: Art and Design, Citizenship, Design and Technology, English, Geography, History, ICT, Maths, MFL, Music, PE, Religious Education, Sciences.