What is volunteering?
“Any non-compulsory activity which involves spending time, unpaid, doing something which is of benefit to others (excluding relatives), society or the environment.”
- Volunteering gives you the opportunity to help others in your community and beyond
- It will always make a positive difference to someone's life
- Volunteering will have a positive impact on your life, providing a new challenge
- It can improve your skills, and demonstrate your energy and enthusiasm
- It will build your confidence and introduce you to new networks of people and possibly some new friends
- It might even help you decide on the career path that you want to take after graduation
Employers are looking for more than a qualification
- Skills gained through volunteering often mirror the qualities that employers look for
- In the competitive job market, organisations want graduates with the degree and the transferable skills that are needed for the world of work
Interested in Volunteering?
Find out more and browse the current opportunities.
Log your hours here.