Accommodation and Facilities
The Campus is based in three modern purpose built buildings with learning and teaching spaces, specialist studios and a library and learning centre.
A range of food and drink options are available from the Dwell Kitchen and Touchdown Cafe and in the warmer months the courtyard provides an outdoor space for socialising.
On-site accommodation is available at Northwood Court. Affordable private sector accommodation is also available locally.
Specialist learning spaces and facilities
The Campus has well equipped open access and teaching spaces for both Mac and PC users including:
- 4 PC teaching labs
- 5 Apple Mac labs – 2 specialist music and 3 specialist media
- 3 Mac open access areas
- 4 open access PC areas
The campus has more than 300 PC and Mac units and all machines have a wide range of software especially suited to courses taught at the Campus.
There is free WiFi coverage around the campus both in teaching areas and leisure areas as well as WiFi coverage in the outside spaces.
All teaching spaces are equipped with projector, PC/Mac and Blu-ray players.
For commercial music performance and production, studio recording and media composition, you’ll have access to:
- Three Practice / Rehearsal Rooms, each set up with a PA, a drum kit, electric pianos and a selection of guitar and bass amps so you can just plug in and play.
- Two Recording Studios, each equipped with a Toft ATB 24 channel mixing desk and a selection of outboard gear including Avalon compressors and an Axe FX guitar effects unit, and specialist software such as UAD plugins, Waves, Izotope Ozone 6, and Melodyne. The main studio has a purpose-built drum booth and a live room with an upright piano and various guitar amps to choose from.
- Three surround sound mixing spaces.
- Two Music Mac labs, with software such as Logic X, Sibelius, Max MSP and Ableton live. There are also have EastWest instruments on a selection of our computers.
- Three small rehearsal rooms for individual instrument lessons or for small band practices. Each of these rooms also contains an audio interface and a Mac with Logic X installed.
- At night the Dwell cafe/bar becomes a music venue with a 24-channel analogue Soundcraft mixing desk and HK PA, plus a Tama drum kit and Fender Deluxe guitar amps for students to use when performing.
For photography, graphic design and web design, you’ll have access to:
- Black and white Dark Room
- Colour Dark Room
- The MAD Lab studio
- Two 20 seat Mac Labs
- One 21 seat Mac Lab
- 1 10 seat Mac Drop-in Lab
- 1 Screen Printing Room
- 3D Printing
- Screen Printing
- Dark Room
- Portable Dark Room
There are over four hundred items of kit available for loan, including DSLRs, SLRs, Large Format Film Cameras, Medium Format Film and Digital Cameras, Prosumer Video Cameras, 4K Video Cameras, Lighting Kits, Graphics Tablets and a wide range of Lenses and other ancillary kit.