The CELTA course offers practical seminars which teach you "how to teach", for example, how to teach and practise grammar and vocabulary or how to teach the skill of listening.
The students also have opportunities to practise what they learn.
- Teaching Practice. You need to teach foreign students at two different levels of English language proficiency over the course. Your teaching is assessed by a tutor and is the most important assessed element of the course.
- Observations of practising teachers and video observations of teachers and classes.
- Written Assignments which are practical and very much based on the observation, teaching and learning you do on the course.
- Tutorials in which your strengths and areas for development are discussed. You will be given clear guidelines for improving your performance.
- Keeping a Portfolio of your work over the course.