Alumni Volunteer of the Year Award
Do you undertake any voluntary activity within the University?
Former students can make a profound contribution to the life and community of CCCU, enriching the experience of current students, championing the University within business and amongst the wider community and encouraging student recruitment.
Each year, staff of the University are asked to nominate former students who they feel have been outstanding in their support of the University for the Alumni Volunteer of the Year Award. It could be you - discover how you can contribute back to life at CCCU.
Three finalists are chosen from amongst the nominations, then all CCCU alumni are asked to vote for who they think should win. The award is presented at an annual Gala Dinner for alumni volunteers held in June.
Alumni Volunteer of the Year 2017
Hilary Hardcastle, Certificate of Education - 1965
Nominated by the Faculty of Education for her leadership role amongst the Class of 1962 – 65 (the first students ever to qualify from Christ Church) including:
- keeping the Class in contact with one another following their qualification, serving as Vice-President of a Former Students Association which she helped form
- tirelessly and thoroughly co-ordinating class reunions at the University over many years
- reconnecting the University with many “lost” alumni, thus making some of the University’s flagship 50th Anniversary celebrations possible
- making large amounts of unique material from the period 1962 – 65 available to the University archives, thus preserving aspects of CCCU’s history that might otherwise have been lost
- supporting the Founders’ Prize for Education (given annually to a student of the Faculty of Education).
Alumni Volunteer of the Year 2016
Gill Rowland, BA Hons Religious Studies and Education and PGCE 1984
Alumni Volunteer Gala 2017
The annual Alumni Gala Dinner is held in June, to thank and celebrate all our alumni volunteers. Our next Gala is scheduled for June 2018. Find out how you could become a volunteer and be invited to 2018’s event