For decades we have been developing strong and enduring partnerships, from our nationally-recognised work with schools, established connections to the health and police services to our exciting cultural offer in Kent and Medway.
Our Strategic Plan places partnership at the foundation of our plans for 2011-15.
As one of the country’s main providers of training, education and skills to the public services, our partners are critical to our work.
We are connecting up our own internal expertise across faculties – education, health, business, social and applied sciences and arts and humanities – to engage in innovative work with communities around us. We also have a forward-thinking Outreach Team which provides essential links with schools and colleges across Kent and Medway to promote access to higher education.
Increasingly we are developing partnerships further afield which are extending our reach to share our passion for education in partnership as driver for transformative and sustainable change.
As we move forward our ambitions centre around the desire to layer key partnerships to include a range of activities which broadly fall into the following categories:
- Academic - With partners, we’re continually looking for ways to develop our courses so they meet the needs of future employers and graduates.
- Research - Our research with partners is helping to make a positive impact on people’s lives, from the benefit of arts on health, sports science and the Olympics, to how education can transform lives.
- Education - As Kent’s largest centre for teacher training, we have a proud history of working in and alongside schools, colleges and education providers to promote access to learning.
- Culture - As a major supporter and provider of arts and culture, we are creating first class partnerships – from London Southbank Sinfonia to proud sponsor and principal partner of the Canterbury Festival.
- Faith - Founded in 1962 as Church of England teacher training college we are now a significant university in the global partnership of Anglican higher education institutions. Our values base is central to all our partnerships.