Equality and Diversity
We strive to provide a fair environment in which everyone is treated with dignity and respect. This means sustaining a culture that is free from any form of discrimination.
We take a proactive approach to equality and continually review and promote equality and diversity strategies.
We do this, in part, by:
- Consulting with our staff and students about equality and diversity issues
- Promoting the University’s policies and procedures relating to equality and diversity, and raising staff awareness of their legislative rights and responsibilities through the provision of appropriate training and education
- Ensuring that all applicants, students, staff and visitors to the University are treated with respect and dignity and receive fair treatment in all aspects of their applications, employment and learning
- Ensuring policies and procedures are fairly constructed and applied
- Ensuring that the University continues to honour its commitments in relation to the award of the 'Two Ticks Positive About Disabled People' and as a Stonewall Diversity Champion.