21 February 2011
Canterbury Christ Church University is pleased to announce a pioneering business masterclass by Kevin Duncan on Wednesday 9 March.
Whether you want to run your own business and don’t know where to start, or you want to enhance your expertise, this masterclass will help you identify your business vision and communicate your ideas confidently to colleagues and business associates.
It will also save you time reading through hundreds of books claiming to hold the key to relentless success, as Kevin condenses and summarises current thinking on modern business and marketing, making it accessible to everyone and relevant to all business sectors.
Modern business can be a blur of jargon, but the ‘Navigating the world of Business Gurus’ masterclass will give you broad knowledge of some of the top, up-to-date business ideas.
Kevin Duncan is a business adviser, marketing expert, trouble shooter and author. He was educated at Oxford and worked in communications for 25 years, advising companies such as British Airways, Carlsberg-Tetley, Diageo, Heineken, Kimberley-Clark, Lloyds TSB, Marks & Spencer, Orange, Reuters, Scottish Courage, Sony and Virgin.
He has worked with more than 200 brands, overseen 1,000 projects, and won 35 awards for creativity and effectiveness.
By attending the Masterclass you will get some valuable insights on the following topics:
• Understanding the broad and often misused business concepts
• What is business strategy? There is no mystery and plain language reveals all.
• Marketing for big and small businesses – anyone can ‘do marketing’ if they are well guided.
• Making sense of all the jargon and buzzwords.
The Masterclass starts with a light supper at 6pm followed by the presentation at 6.30pm. It costs £34.50 (which includes your buffet supper and a copy of Kevin’s book ‘Business Greatest Hits’).
To book a place, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01227 782666. Places are limited so book early.
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury Christ Church University is a modern university with a particular strength in higher education for the public services.
With nearly 18,000 students, and five campuses across Kent, its courses span a wide range of academic and professional expertise.
• As a leading provider of teaching and health care courses we have produced nearly 3,500 health and social care professionals and 7,000 teachers in the last five years.
• Over 90 per cent of our graduates gain employment or are in further study in the first six months after graduating.
• Along with over a thousand undergraduate, postgraduate and professional training courses on offer, we are also home to world-leading and internationally recognised research in Education, History, Music and Sports Related Studies.
• Canterbury Christ Church University was founded in 1962 by the Church of England as a teacher training college.