Staff will help you to become familiar with the very latest health and social care technology and equipment so that you are prepared for your placement. Technicians are also on hand to help you with any additional practice sessions.
Skills lab facilities include:
- A fully equipped operating theatre with anaesthetic equipment, an observation room and scrub room
- Computer operated SimMan
- Fully operational radiography suite and dark room with facilities for digital imaging which is linked with a 40 person IT suite so that images can be viewed immediately
- Maternity and child nursing room complete with SimBaby
- Ward areas
- Occupational therapy daily living suite and workshops
- A range of equipment to support cardiology students
- A range of equipment to support minimally invasive surgery students
Visit the Skills Lab web pages for more information.